What to Include
1. What is your intended use of the material? Provide a brief yet detailed description of proposed experiments.
2. Will you be modifying the material? If so, how?
3. Will any progeny be produced (i.e. – unmodified descendants from the material, such as virus from virus, cell from cell, etc. as in routine cell/viral culturing and maintenance of cell/virus lines)?
4. Will the requested material be used with other materials provided by a third party outside of UNCG, either academic or commercial? If so, please list the materials and who provided them.
5. Will the material be used/sent outside your laboratory? If so, please specify where.
6. If students will be involved, will this work be part of a thesis?
7. Do you intend to publish the results the research project making use of these materials?
8. Will you be sharing/sending your data/results with the Provider prior to publication?
9. Please list ALL government sources of funding which will be used to support the research utilizing the requested material. Include the granting agency and the applicable OSP account number or grant number.
10. Please list ALL non-government sources of funding (i.e. industrial, commercial, private foundation, corporate or other gift) which will be used to support the research utilizing the requested material. Include the name of the granting organization and the applicable OSP account number and/or award title.
11. Will students/post docs be using the material? If so, please include fellowships or other funding sources for those students and/or post-docs who will be working on this research.
12. Will the requested material be used in any research funded by the provider? If so, please provide applicable project titles(s) and account number(s).
13. Is the material known to be toxic?
14. In October 2001, Congress passed and the President signed the USA Patriot Act. This Act expanded the investigative powers of U.S. law enforcement agencies to deter and punish terrorist acts. It applies to a growing list of chemical and biological agents. Please indicate if you believe there are any potentially harmful chemical or biological properties of the material to be transferred.